Uptime Institute, an independent division of The 451 Group, provides education, publications, consulting, certifications, conferences and seminars, independent research, and thought leadership for the enterprise data center industry and for data center professionals.
The Uptime Institute is an unbiased, third-party data center research, education, and consulting organization focused on improving data center performance and efficiency through collaboration and innovation. The Uptime Institute serves all shareholders of the data center industry, including enterprise and third-party operation, manufacturers, providers, and engineers. This collaborative approach, completed with the Uptime Institute's capability to recognize trends on a global basis and to interface directly with owners, results in solutions and invocations freed from regional constraints for the benefit of worldwide data center industry.
Founded in 1993, the Institute pioneered the creation and facilitation of end-user knowledge communities to improve reliability and uninterruptible availability—uptime—in data center facilities and Information Technology organizations. In 2009, the Institute was acquired by The 451 Group, a technology-industry analyst company focusing on the business of enterprise IT innovation.
Uptime Institute has expanded its services and activities around the world:
- Tier Certifications awarded in 51 different countries
- Accredited Tier Designers and Accredited Tier Specialists representing 60 different countries
- Uptime Institute Networks are currently in growing North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Europe, Middle East, & Africa
- Uptime Institute offices in Sao Paulo, Dubai, London, Singapore, Moscow, and Taipei in addition to U.S. Offices (New York, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco)
Management & Operations (M&O) Stamp of Approval validates the critical facilities management and operations practices of an existing data center.
Uptime Institute Brasil enables Uptime Institute to directly serve the Brasilian market from Sao Paulo supported by our experts around the globe.
- Uptime Institute Russia enables Uptime Institute to directly serve Russia and CIS from Moscow supported by our experts around the globe.
- The annual Uptime Institute Symposium brings together the wide range of perspectives in the global data center industry to work to address common challenges of improving the efficiency of IT and facilities, while maintaining the most demanding levels of uptime. The 2012 7th Annual Symposium will feature a Digital Infrastructure Convergence™ them a Modular Campus.
In 2011, the Institute announced its first Uptime Institute Server Roundup, encouraging organizations to remove duplicate, unused, out-of-date, or obsolete servers. Each year, winners receive a commemorative rodeo belt buckle as well as free registration to and a dedicated presentation slot at Uptime Institute Symposium.
A new awards program, the Brill Awards for Efficient IT, continues the late Mr. Brill’s vision of sharing best practices and new ideas to improve data center and IT efficiency. The mission of this project is to recognize efficiency in the broadest sense of the word -- efficiency of capital deployment, technology, design, operations and overall management. The Brill Awards for Efficient IT will showcase companies and technologies that improve the industry's ability to sustainably deliver IT services to the end user.
About The 451 Group
Headquartered in New York, with offices in key locations – including Boston, San Francisco, Washington DC, London, Seattle, Denver, Sao Paulo, Dubai, Singapore and Moscow – The 451 Group owns and operates three independent divisions: 451 Research, a leading technology-industry syndicated research and data firm focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation; Uptime Institute, an independent provider of thought leadership, certification, education and professional services for the global datacenter and emerging Digital Infrastructure industry; and Yankee Group, the preeminent research and advisory firm equipping companies to profit in a mobile world.